Sited adjacent the neighboring Jin Mao Tower and Shanghai World Financial Center in the heart of the Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone, the 632-meter Shanghai Tower ranks as China’s tallest building. As the skyline’s most prominent icon, the tower’s transparent, spiral form showcases cutting-edge sustainable strategies and public spaces that set new standards for green community. Within 121 stories, Shanghai Tower houses Class A office space, entertainment venues, retail, a conference center, a luxury hotel and cultural amenity spaces. The tower has been awarded a China Green Building Three Star rating and a LEED® Platinum Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Learn about the history of Shanghai Tower’s construction at the GenslerOn blog.
- American Architecture Prize (AAP) 2016 American Architecture Prize – Architect of the Year, Platinum Award – Commercial Architecture »
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) 2016 Best Tall Building Worldwide »
- Emporis 2015 Emporis Skyscraper Award »
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) 2016 Tall Building Award – Best Tall Building Asia & Australasia Winner »
- International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE) Outstanding Structure Award 2016 »
- Engineering News-Record 2016 Global Best Project – Winner, Retail/Mixed-Use Development »
- MIPIM 2016 MIPIM People’s Choice Award »
- CITAB-CTBUH 2016 China Tall Building Awards – China Innovation Award: Mega-Suspended Curtain Wall »