June 05, 2017
West Elm Workspace with Inscape and Gensler Introduce the Conduit System at NeoCon 2017
Two Industry Leaders Collaborate to Improve Workplace Wellness and Productivity by Harnessing Expert Research and Market Expertise
BROOKLYN, NY – West Elm Workspace with Inscape, the brand celebrated for bringing its residential sensibility to the modern office space, has partnered with world-renowned design firm Gensler to introduce the Conduit System, an innovative office system offering flexibility and choice in its configurable solutions. The debut of the Conduit System at NeoCon 2017 demonstrates West Elm and Gensler’s commitment to collaboratively harness their industry leading research and market expertise to meet the needs of the changing workplace ecology.
“The Conduit System is a truly flexible office solution that addresses today’s workplace trends by creating unique user experiences and combining functionality with warmth and versatility,” said Jim Brett, West Elm President. “It has been an exciting opportunity to partner with Gensler and tap into their expert knowledge of workplace design and ‘in the field’ experience.”
“From our initial conversations with West Elm it was clear that we shared a vision that held game-changing opportunities for the workplace,” said Andy Cohen, Gensler’s co-CEO. “Because our design solutions are rooted in our industry-leading global workplace research, we can deliver designs that support how people do their best, most productive work at the office.”
A cornerstone of the Conduit System’s development was the comprehensive research findings from Gensler’s proprietary series of global workplace surveys including the 2016 U.S. Workplace Survey and West Elm Workspace’s research directed by Plastarc, a social research and design consultancy. Gensler’s Workplace Surveys found that individual control of one’s workspace—no matter how open—is a key contributor to employee satisfaction, performance and innovation. Concurrently, West Elm Workspace’s research identified the need to address the total well-being of today’s office employee, creating environments and product solutions that benefit the worker’s physical, emotional and psychological well-being.
The Conduit System is the realization of this research – distinctive residential sensibility that meets stringent commercial standards. With the Conduit System, West Elm Workspace and Gensler have landed upon unique design elements and features including:
- Flexibility: The ultimate space planning solution, Conduit System allows organizations and individuals to create environments for both concentrated work and cross-functional collaboration and congregation. The system provides options to help clients temper visual and sound disturbances in this age of the open office plan.
- Configurability: Its highly configurable components allow businesses to design branching systems with versatile work zones as well as the ability to reconfigure the same product suite into traditional benching layouts with ease.
- Residential Sensibility: A unique combination of mixed materials offer choice in a variety of styles and design aesthetics—from brass detailing with modern influences to a spectrum of fabrics, textiles and work surfaces in both laminate and veneer.
- Power: The wholly integrated Power Wall helps create workspaces untethered from fixed power alternatives while a robust electrical connection under the work surface minimizes the number of plugs running to the wall from the desk. The Power Wall’s top rail serves as a universal bracket system that allows the Conduit System to grow and change over time with the addition of accessories such as shelves, lighting and coat racks.
- Enhancements: Integrated enhancements permit customization such as freestanding carrels that create zones for concentration without posing a visual distraction. The carrel allows users to focus on work near his or her desk with the option to move it to another location, putting the user in control of their work environment. Additional enhancements include height adjustable work surfaces and privacy screens that address a user’s desire to personalize his or her workstation.
The complete Conduit System will be on view at NeoCon 2017 in Chicago June 12-14 at the West Elm Workspace with Inscape showroom #11-91 (Merchandise Mart). A temporary offsite location near the Mart, 444 W Lake Street, Flr 47, will offer a comprehensive look at the West Elm Workspace with Inscape 2017 products and solutions. For more information on the West Elm Workspace with Inscape and Gensler Conduit System visit westelmworkspace.com and follow @westelmworkspace on Instagram.
For any media inquiries, please email .