A group of people sitting at a table in a room. A group of people sitting in a room with tables and chairs. People sitting at tables in a building. A group of people sitting at tables. A few people in a room. A few people in a room. A group of people sitting at tables. A person sitting on a couch. A couple of people sitting at a table in a room with green walls. A person standing in a hallway. LEEDing the Charge for Sustainability and Wellness LinkedIn Omaha infographic
1 of 11

LinkedIn Omaha

Omaha, Nebraska

LinkedIn partnered with Gensler to design its new 200,000-square-foot campus in Omaha, Nebraska — the first portfolio project embracing LinkedIn’s Future of Work Strategy, developed alongside Gensler. The tech company enlisted Gensler’s technology and sustainable design teams to rethink not only how people work, but also to incorporate ambitious sustainable goals and diverse supplier inclusion — from art, to community engagement, to reusable materials.

This project is the second of LinkedIn’s buildings to include onsite solar photovoltaics to support a more resilient future. LinkedIn enlisted Gensler’s sustainability services to pursue LEED Gold and Fitwel 2 Star certification with resilient and sustainable design solutions, such as implementing solar canopies into the parking lot to provide 13% of the building’s power. Additionally, LinkedIn challenged the Gensler design team of Climate & Sustainability consultants to reduce the amount of virgin wood used throughout the workplace. Gensler partnered with Urban Evolutions to provide an eco-friendly option for all the wood applications on the project. More than half (52%) of all wood is reclaimed and the remainder (48%) is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified (non-reclaimed) wood.

The dynamic, hybrid work environment seeks to create an inviting and inclusive space for employees to work and connect with teams all over the world. The campus supports autonomy and choice with places to focus, connect, and express team identity, such as focus zones, coworking neighborhoods, and unique food and beverage offerings — creating an inviting, inclusive space for employees to connect with global teams. The new space fuses digital and physical together to bring people together, wherever, and however they work. The space also has respite rooms, a fitness center, and walking paths.