Employees work in different ways and they benefit from having options throughout the day to be productive.
Workspaces combined with spaces to socialize or learn are equally helpful to shaping careers. Offices that leverage design to cultivate talent help employees stay focused and grow. The result is a vibrant community that supports each other and the company’s mission.
1. Work doesn’t just happen at a desk. Employees at Hudson River Trading complete tasks at tables around the office or even on the stairs.
2. In-person meetings are just as important as calls or messaging. LoyaltyOne’s open plan and unassigned desks optimize the space for scheduling meetings and communicating face to face.
3. Workplaces that balance private and public areas can help employees customize the way they work. Microsoft created a design concept in their Dublin headquarters called Microsoft Island. From developers who seek peace and quiet to salespeople engaging visitors, the program maps out something for everyone.*
4. The city is an amenity itself. Companies are attracting new talent and offer the ability for new residents to connect and contribute to surrounding communities. Software company NCR invites the public into the space with a coffee shop and amphitheater-style stair for guest lectures.
5. Socializing contributes to a company’s culture. Adobe’s newly reimagined headquarters transforms the employee experience by encouraging interaction and reinforcing a sense of community that inspires exploration and participation.
6. Employees at all job levels want to connect with each other. Teams at the 21st Century Fox headquarters were originally spread across many floors and now everyone is right in the middle of the action with an airy and engaging layout.
7. An employee doesn’t have to worry about a commute when they work from home, but a workplace accommodates many work styles inside and out. The team management group at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) spend a lot of their time out of the office and the new space brings people back together to better connect.
8. Places to reduce stress and burnout are beneficial. Employees at Red Bull take breaks inside the Activity Can to relax.
9. If an office works for its employees, then guests will enjoy it too. The Hyatt Global Headquarters in Chicago is designed to explore new ideas about the guest experience.