New York, NY
As a brand flagship and the company's largest store worldwide, adidas NYC celebrates creativity and sport using the new stadium retail concept. Features include a tunnel entrance, stands for live-game viewing on big screens, locker rooms in place of dressing rooms, and track and field areas where consumers can test products. Sustainability was prioritized by maintaining the building’s existing textures and finishes, which reduced the demand for new materials. Amenities include fitness consultations from EXOS trainers, a juice bar, concierge desk, and same-day delivery.
- Fast Company 2018 Innovation by Design Awards – Honorable Mention, Retail Environments »
- MAPIC adidas NYC scores Best Retail Store Design at the 2017 MAPIC Awards »
- Society of American Registered Architects (SARA) 2017 SARA National Awards – Design of Honor Award, Commercial Retail category »
- VMSD Specialty Store, Over 10,000 Square Feet, Conversion – First Place »
- design:retail 2017 Portfolio Awards – Store of the Year »