Sited adjacent to the neighboring Jin Mao Tower and Shanghai World Financial Center in the heart of the Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone, the 632-meter Shanghai Tower, designed by Gensler, ranks as China’s tallest building. As the skyline’s most prominent icon, the tower’s transparent, spiral form showcases cutting-edge sustainable strategies and public spaces that set new standards for green community. Within 127 stories, Shanghai Tower houses Class A office space, entertainment venues, retail, a conference center, a luxury hotel, and cultural amenity spaces. The tower has been awarded a China Green Building Three Star rating and a LEED® Platinum Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Download our PDF on the facade design process and explore this series of blogs to learn about the history of Shanghai Tower’s construction.
- China Real Estate Design Awards Gold Award »
- World Architecture News (WAN) 2016 WAN Façade Award – Winner »
- Popular Science 100 Greatest Innovations of 2016 »
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) 2016 Best Tall Building Worldwide »
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) 2016 Tall Building Award – Best Tall Building Asia & Australasia Winner »
- Engineering News-Record 2016 Global Best Project – Winner, Retail/Mixed-Use Development »