There is a groundswell of momentum and a growing movement of solidarity against systemic and historic racism towards the Black community.
While statements are important, it’s action that will create lasting change. Gensler is committed to taking action that supports social justice and creates opportunities for the Black community. While no single action will solve every problem, we are announcing a robust strategy with a focus on impacting people’s lives and fighting racism.
- We will increase racial diversity within Gensler by recruiting and hiring more Black professionals and supporting the Black professionals in our firm to achieve and exceed their full potential.
- We will pursue equitable design solutions in our cities and communities to create positive experiences for Black communities.
- We will create education opportunities for Black students by expanding our scholarship program and mentoring middle and high schoolers in our communities.
- We will create job opportunities in the architecture and design industry for Black professionals and serve as an active partner with the National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMA) and the ACE Mentorship Program.
- We will partner with our clients on diversity and inclusion initiatives in order to integrate and amplify efforts across our networks.