We are focused on ending systemic racism in the architecture and design profession while also taking decisive steps to address diversity, equity, and inclusion at Gensler. We are determined to be part of the solution as an ally, which is why we are taking action that creates opportunities for the Black community, BIPOC communities, and other underserved people.
In 2020, Gensler created a strong foundation by establishing its Strategies to Fight Racism. The firm has since created its Global Race and Diversity Committee, launched a student design charrette with seven Historically Black Colleges and Universities, introduced Black Lives and Design research grants, and recruited and hired more Black professionals. These ongoing initiatives build upon our inclusive people-first philosophy and reinforce our unique firm culture. At Gensler, we are a constellation of stars and every voice counts.
Gensler Diversity Report
- We will increase racial diversity within Gensler by recruiting and hiring more Black professionals and supporting the Black professionals in our firm to achieve and exceed their full potential.
- We will create education opportunities for Black students by expanding our scholarship program and mentoring middle and high schoolers in our communities.
- We will pursue equitable design solutions in our cities and communities to create positive experiences for Black communities.
- We will create job opportunities in the architecture and design industry for Black professionals and serve as an active partner with the National Organization of Minority Architects (NOMA) and the ACE Mentorship Program.
- We will partner with our clients on diversity and inclusion initiatives in order to integrate and amplify efforts across our networks.