Applications for the 2024 DSD Program are open from October 2023 to January 8, 2024.
To apply for Gensler’s Design Strategist Development Program, you must complete a 2-part, online job application by 11:55 p.m., Monday, January 8, 2024, Eastern Standard Time. The successful completion of the application includes uploading your Personal Dossier as a single PDF document. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. It is highly recommended that you complete and submit your application well in advance of the deadline.
Below is a timeline that describes the application process. Gensler reserves the right to change or modify this process at our discretion. Applicants will receive an email notifying them of the progression of their application.
There will be no in-person interviews as a part of the application process. However, upon request applicants must be able to do a video interview during the month of February or March 2024. (This interview period is subject to change.) Multiple interviews may be requested.
View our FAQ page to submit questions regarding the DSD Program.
Your Personal Dossier
The main component of your application is your Personal Dossier. We ask that you create a Personal Dossier that tells us about who you are and demonstrates why you would be a great fit for both Gensler and our Design Strategist Development Program. To do this, create a single document that represents you. It should contain the following components, in no particular order:
- Personal statement that describes what motivates you to join Gensler’s DSD Program and explains what makes you an ideal candidate (maximum of 500 words).
- Information typically found on a resume (educational background, work experience, extracurricular participation, awards, leadership, etc.).
- Three (3) examples of your project work, including a description for each (maximum of 200 words per description).
- In your examples, we want to see how you approached the project: what was your process and how did you translate research into concept and then into design?
- These examples may be design projects; writing or information graphic samples; pages from a report; or any other examples of your skills and educational background.
- Work done within teams may be submitted, but the project description must outline your specific contributions.
- Your response to one of the case studies. Download the case studies here.
Your Personal Dossier should function as a holistic presentation and convey your story in a unique and compelling manner. We highly encourage you to design it in a way that helps you stand out from other applicants. Your Personal Dossier will be evaluated based on your ability to:
- Tell a compelling story
- Comprehensively address the information requested
- Communicate in both a written and graphic format
Your Personal Dossier will be uploaded in both of the 2-parts of the online application process, as a single PDF document that does not exceed 5MB and is a maximum of ten (10) pages. Each page size should be no greater than ANSI B (11”x17”) / ISO 3 (297mm × 420mm/ A3). Please name the PDF in the following manner: lastname_firstname_middleinitial.pdf
Download the Personal Dossier Checklist to answer frequently asked questions and help you to create your Personal Dossier.
There are two parts to your DSD Application.
- Part I (through Workday) is the traditional job application form. Please complete the application based on the location of your first office preference.
- Part II (through SlideRoom) allows us to review your Personal Dossier seamlessly.
Both Part I & Part II are required for a complete application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Applications will close at 11:55 pm EST on Monday, January 8, 2024.